Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Speeds

2006-10-23 09:56:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Speeds
From: robq at bluecrestcapital.com (Rob Quagliozzi)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:56:37 +0100
Yep - tracker was running - that's the NB Client job Tracker, right? (Or
wrong?)

As to the files, they are the bane of my life... We do have a rather
large amount of small files on some servers - funnily enough the largest
amount of small files are actually on the quicker server (it's about 4m
files but only 150GB).  The compressed folders only get backed up at the
weekend when time is not such an issue.

At the weekend, one of the streams (the best performing as well...)
backed up 198852 files and 169037617Kb in 4:57 (9.6MB/sec). There was
another stream running, as well as another job (this went on to the
second drive).

Cheers

Rob