Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP data timeout

2006-10-20 16:24:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP data timeout
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:24:00 -0700 (PDT)
Is there any variable that controls the timeout for NDMP sessions?  I
have a netapp that has grown so large that the phase I portion of the
dump takes in excess of 8 hours.  Netbackup appears to abort the
backup right at the 8 hour mark if the backup hasn't reached the
point of sending data to the tape yet.  I believe that even if I'm only
backing up a qtree, the dump process still has to do phase I for the
entire volume, so this can't be easily broken up.

We have lots of things under consideration for this beast, but none of
them can be done in the short term.  I'd like to extend the timeout on
the NDMP backup.  Anyone know if this is possible?

NBU 6.0/MP3 on Linux.  Netapp is hooked to direct tape.

Thanks!
--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com