Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 156 on Windows client

2006-10-20 09:13:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 156 on Windows client
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:13:19 +0100
Paul
Remember, the steps outlined was to attempt that the backup worked without
the 156. In fact, I recall many occasions that even the Veritas guys would
suggest turning it off as a test to ensure the backup worked. Using the NBU
problem report can give you an indication of any files that were skipped.
You can then verify if these are genuine skipped files or .tmp files that
are not required (and possibly exclude the files).

But verify you need it, because as a rule, its turned on by default.

Also, you may find the cache files are still left on your machine - this can
result in lack of disk space on your Server. Please refer to Technote
article http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/270127.htm for more details,
and ways of getting rid of the "locked" file.

For normal file servers, I have found that turning it off, not only reduces
the backup time, but kills an overhead that is not really required.

And Yes, sorry I did mean turn "IT OFF" :-) Thanks for the clarification
Paul :-)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support