Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Multiplexing combined with multistreaming

2006-10-17 13:35:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing combined with multistreaming
From: Brenda.Ashley at ROBINS.AF.MIL (Ashley, Brenda R Ctr 584 CBSS/GBMUAC)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:35:07 -0400

Brenda R. Ashley
Linux/Backup-Recovery Administrator

Information Handling Services
542 MSUG/GBMUAC Robins AFB
Ph (478) 327-2668
DSN 497-2668
Hello All,

I am having a difficult time trying to combine multiplexing with
multistreaming to maximize my performance.

Here's the scenario:

I have Netbackup 5.1 MP5 installed on a Solaris 10 Sunfire 12 K server,
which have Storedge L180 tape library attached to it using FC.

6 LTO-2 tape drives reside in L180.  I have approximately 20 clients.
The issue is with a Windows 2003 server that has 2 disk drives C and E.

I have no problem with C:\, the problem is with E:\.

E:\ has about 20 shares and is about 500 gig in size.  It seems as if
I have trial and error every possibility.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Brenda
Unix/Backup-Recovery Administrator