Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Keeping tape mounted between backups

2006-10-12 11:07:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Keeping tape mounted between backups
From: Jerald.Iverson at aiminvestments.com (Iverson, Jerald)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:07:56 -0500
we used to use this in 3.4 and 4.5, it may still work in 5.x or 6.0. put
it in bp.conf. i think the delay number is in seconds, we only needed
the tape to stay in a short while as the next oracle stream would start
within a minute.

# stop tape from immediately unmounting for oracle backup/restores:

MEDIA_UNMOUNT_DELAY = 60

thanks,

jerald