Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.

2006-10-11 16:01:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Viewing vault duplication performance.
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700 (PDT)
> Is this linux specific?

In the sense that I can't use 'iostat' to check the speed, yes.  I think
windows would have the same issue as well.

In the sense that NetBackup isn't reporting on the speed, then I imagine
it's common to all platforms.

> I don't have a linux box handy to check, but I'd imagine iostat would do
> exactly that.
>
> On solaris, I use iostat with the "-xnp" args and follow it with the
> interval time and number of intervals.

Yes.  Solaris iostat shows tape devices.  Apparently Linux iostat does
not (at least I have not been able to make it do so).

Now that my duplication is complete, I can hand-calculate the average
throughput for the entire operation.  But that's not available to me
during the process to see how it's going....

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com