Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?

2006-10-10 12:56:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?
From: dbrown at worknetinc.com (Dave Brown)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 11:56:30 -0500
I am also curious about this.

We are a datacenter that does hosting of client servers.  In with the
hosting we offer data backup for our clients.  Currently I have over 75
different server/client that I backup. I was looking for two things from
a reporter.

1.      A report that will show TBs per month per client/policy

        NOM does make this report but some of the TB fields are negative
??

        BU Visual does this report but it does not pull past history so
I have  to wait 30 days to get a 30 day report

2.      A way to see open backup windows so jobs can be added/moved

        Do not see this option in NOM

        BU Visual does this but the time frame it allows in its report
is too  large (2hr increments) and cannot see specific windows.

I just left the Aptare web page,  was looking for a 30 day demo of it
but guess it does not exist.

What else do people use ?

Dave