Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Determining Number of Additional Client Licenses in NetBackup

2006-10-09 19:44:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Determining Number of Additional Client Licenses in NetBackup
From: jamisonj at zgi.com (JAJA (Jamie Jamison))
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 16:44:53 -0700
I'm auditing my NetBackup environment to make sure that I have the
number of licenses I need for clients and I'm finding the bpminlicense
command somewhat unhelpful. When I run the command

bpminlicense -list_keys -verbose

I get output that looks like this

  file version    = 0x03040000
  time added      = 0x3c4bc801 Sun Jan 20 23:49:21 2002
  hostname        = kira
  product ID      = 6 NetBackup Enterprise Server
  serial number   = 3219
  key version     = 0x03040000
  count           = 0
  server platform = 0 Any platform
  client platform = 2 Any Windows platform
  server tier     = 10 NetBackup Enterprise Server
  client tier     = 0 No tier
  license type    = 1 Permanent
  Site ID         = 0 Any site
  Feature ID      = 22 Additional clients +

  file version    = 0x03040000
  time added      = 0x3c4bc7ce Sun Jan 20 23:48:30 2002
  hostname        = kira
  product ID      = 6 NetBackup Enterprise Server
  serial number   = 4730
  key version     = 0x03040000
  count           = 0
  server platform = 0 Any platform
  client platform = 1 Any UNIX platform
  server tier     = 10 NetBackup Enterprise Server
  client tier     = 0 No tier
  license type    = 1 Permanent
  Site ID         = 0 Any site
  Feature ID      = 22 Additional clients +

How many additional client licenses do I have and how many of them come
with Server? I'm assuming that 22 is a code for additional clients and
not the number of clients. Any enlightenment will be greatly
appreciated.

Thank You,

Jamie Jamison