Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?

2006-10-05 10:30:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:30:15 -0400
You can change the "volume group" information.  It's not really used by
anything else and be quickly used to sort out which tapes are which.
(You'd also want to mark them FROZEN just to prevent any operation from
trying to use them.)  At a prior job I regularly changed volume group
for tapes that were out of the robot but not offsite.