Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Pure Disk for NBU

2006-09-21 23:35:12
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Pure Disk for NBU
From: andersom68 at yahoo.com (Michael Anderson)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 20:35:12 -0700 (PDT)
Pure Disk is great if you don't need system disaster
recovery capabilities and only want to protect the
actual data.  It does single instance storage so you
save on disk space but it is also licensed by the
terabyte so it can get expensive if you have lots of
systems.  I believe the cost is $1,000 per TB.

The biggest failure is that it doesn't protect the OS,
so you can't fully recover a system.  When it comes to
single instance storage, if you aren't backing up the
OS with lots of common files, then you may not be
saving much after all.