Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Catalog Question

2006-09-21 17:11:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Question
From: Jack.Thweatt at protective.com (Jack.Thweatt AT protective DOT com)
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:11:05 -0500
Hi Folks,

I'm having a little trouble with catalog backups completing successfully
and I need some assistance.  I am working on load balancing to ensure
nothing is running when the catalog fires off, and I'm actively monitoring
any catalog failures so that I can run another manually, so I'm not dead in
the water (yet, anyway).  In the meantime, I would like to be able to
assign a risk level to this task.  The disaster recovery section of the
Troubleshooting manual states that if you don't have the catalog mediaID
that "your only option is to use the NetBackup import feature to import all
lost backup records into your NetBackup catalog".   My question is this, if
my last good catalog backup was from 2 days ago and I had to rebuild my
master server, how would I go about knowing what images to import?
As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jack Thweatt
205.268.5646  Office
205.337.8909  Cell
205.268.3474  Fax
jack.thweatt at protective.com

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any
attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for
the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have
received this communication in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and
deleting it from your computer. Thank you.