Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs

2006-09-19 13:41:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 13:41:52 -0400 (EDT)
We are going to do some direct-to-tape performance testing, but it could
very well be that we just can't pump data out to the drives fast enough to
keep them spinning with a single-stream.

I've done many tests, to maximize the throughput to an LTO3 tape, you need
at least 3 streams.

Three streams directly from RAM = 137MB/s, which is the max some companies
have also gotten in their private testing labs.  One stream, even from RAM
will only yield 30-50MB/s.

Justin.