Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary

2006-09-15 08:57:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning Quandary
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 08:57:11 -0400
And are the tapes "LTO cleaning tapes" "LTO1/LTO2 cleaning tapes" or
"LTO Universal"

The tapes have RFID chips that are read by the drive, so only the
correct tape can be used.
I had this issue as our original cleaning tapes were LTO1/LTO2 cleaning
tapes, and we had only LTO2 drives.
We installed some LTO3 drives, and EVERYTHING, all LTO2 and LTO3 drives
were configured as HCART2, so the LTO1/LTO2 cleaning tape would get put
in the drive and the drive would kick it back out without cleaning.

Also, are you using netbackup or the library to do the cleaning?

If you're using the library to do it, then you're probably not going to
get any relevant answers here unless it's from someone who's using the
same library, and using the library cleaning feature. If that's the
case, I don't know if your library requires tapes with CLN barcodes...

That said, I've had LTO3 drives run for weeks with the cleaning flag
set.....

Paul