Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Vault

2006-09-13 10:15:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Vault
From: jroyer at digitalmotorworks.com (Joe Royer)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:15:53 -0500 (CDT)
Continuing on my NDMP requirements thread, what is the proper way to
duplicate (Vault) NDMP backups?  Currently my Vault is configured to
use the existing STU which does have a max fragment size.  I seem to
recall that you can't duplicate across media servers.  It looks like the
NDMP drive is going to be attached to the NetApp (via SAN zone).  I'm
assuming the NetApp with its local tape drive will be considered a media
server for this purpose.

Will I need two drives attached to the NetApp so I can make duplicates
for vault?  I intend to have all my drives (even NDMP) physically in one
robot with robot control on the (linux) master.  Will any of this
require an SSO license?

I'm reading the manuals, but I'm hoping you guys will be faster.

Thanks!
--
Joe Royer / SysAdmin / Digital Motorworks / 512-692-1028

attachments from your system.