Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Display summary of volume contents?

2006-09-11 18:33:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Display summary of volume contents?
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 15:33:48 -0700 (PDT)
I've got some volumes that are assigned in the volume database, but have
no images in the media database (bpmedialist says id not found).  I'd
like to gather some information about what's on the tape (Is it really
netbackup?  When/what is on the images...)  I assume they're old
(expired) given the 'last mount' date and the pool, but I don't know why
it's still assigned in the volume database.

I tried 'bpmedialist -mcontents -m <id>' to see if it would mount and
display what's actually there, but it just spits out an error message
very quickly (before any tape movement).

  Could not obtain report from host nbuserv, requested media id was not
  found in NB media database and/or MM volume database

Well, yes.  I know it's not there.  I just want a summary of the
contents.

Obviously I could mount it by hand in a tape and start poking around
with 'tar' and such, but I was hoping I could run a netbackup command to
get me the same information.  Is there such a command?

Thanks!
--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com