Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning tapes for L700 & SL8500?

2006-09-07 10:35:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning tapes for L700 & SL8500?
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:35:43 -0400 (EDT)
>From what I've read the LTO3 spec (label) is different than the LTO2.

LTO2 = AB1234L2
LTO3 = A1234L3

Where there is only one letter, at least from the vendor I was looking at,
www.tri-optics.com, it does say 6C(i assume char)+L3 identifer, but from
what I have heard only the first character is a letter?

--------

The main question I have is what labels do (owners of) L700s/L8500s use so
the L700/SL8500s are happy with the tape?  I believe it has to be CLN*L2
or CU*L2 respectively for LTO2 tapes, because I had tried to insert a
"universal" cleaning tape into an L700, which had LTO2 drives in it,
however the tape ended in L1, perhaps thats why it is universal, the L700
spit it out and said it was an invalid cleaning tape.

Any comments/anyone dealt with this before?

Justin.