Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] FROZEN acts like SUSPEND in 6.0 MP3 with bpexpdate command?

2006-09-05 11:56:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] FROZEN acts like SUSPEND in 6.0 MP3 with bpexpdate command?
From: pushawlake at gmail.com (Wayne Smith)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 11:56:46 -0400
I think it's just the way NetBackup (and "frozen") works.  While we're
quoting, here's a snippet from the v5.1 Commands for Unix manual:

If the date is set to zero, bpexpdate immediately expires backups from the
image catalog or media from the media catalog. When a media ID is removed
from the NetBackup media catalog, it is also deassigned in the Media Manager
volume database, regardless of the media's prior state (FROZEN, SUSPENDED,
and so on).

cheers, wayne