Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to remove old media server from configuratio

2006-08-31 13:05:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to remove old media server from configuratio
From: ddunham at taos.com (Darren Dunham)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 10:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
> This is the document I found......
>
> http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/230047.htm

Pretty much the same as the other one, but has some images from the GUI.

That said, my problem has pretty much gone away and I didn't notice
exactly how it happened.

I kept focusing on the vm.conf and the fact that I kept getting a
DEVICE_HOST = xxx line added back in.

But this morning when I checked the Host Properties, the host is no
longer visible as a Media Server.  Sure enough, my bpmedialist commands
no longer hang.

I don't know if it was something that it churned on overnight, or if I
fixed it and didn't notice because I kept focusing on the vm.conf file.
(I still don't know why that line keeps coming back).

Anyway, it seems to be okay now.  I'll keep an eye on it, but I doubt
I'll do anything else.

Thanks for the pointers.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com