Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Splitting media servers

2006-08-30 09:54:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Splitting media servers
From: Greg.Hindle at constellation.com (Hindle, Greg)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:54:59 -0400
We have 1 master and 2 media servers. Each media server is controlling 2
L700's. We are adding 2 more media servers and splitting out the L700 so
the each L700 has its own media server which will control it.  Currently
1 L700 does only ndmp backups and the other does regular backups. So the
tapes are in separate volume groups and tape pools.

We are also adding a 3rd media server that will control our EMC VTL when
that goes fully into production later this year.

Greg