Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Share Tape Library

2006-08-28 23:08:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Share Tape Library
From: michael at michaelbarrow.name (Michael Barrow)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:08:50 -0700
On Aug 27, 2006, at 11:28 PM, Lee, Kenneth (SBS US) wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone is using a single large tape library
> (for example STK SL8500) for both NetBackup and TSM?  If you are,
> what are to down side of doing this?

If you have a library that supports partitioning, there isn't really
any downside. If your business requires the use of multiple
applications that use tape, it makes perfect sense. This is why the
vendors provide this functionality; it preserves your investment. Are
there any rumors that you've heard or concerns that you have about
sharing a partition-capable library across applications?

--
Michael Barrow
michael at michaelbarrow dot name