Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] RedHat3 Bare Metal Restore

2006-08-28 12:35:10
Subject: [Veritas-bu] RedHat3 Bare Metal Restore
From: spe08 at co.henrico.va.us (Spearman, David)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:35:10 -0400
We are trying to get BMR running for testing purposes. Our goal is to
use this on our RH3 linux systems. At the moment we are not having a lot
of success.

Our system
W2k3 master/media
W2k3 media
Scaler 2000 library
RH3 BMR server

We have followed the manual religiously and I do have a support call in.
Does anyone have a cheat sheet, tips, gothcas, whatever to get this mess
working? We can get all the way to setting the job up in tasks, booting
the target and having it connect, after that it just sits around
resetting all the scsi channels for a couple of hours before failing. It
did give a hint to use bmr scsiLoadOrder=XXXX:XXXX but that didn't help
either. To me it appears to be looking for sda, sdb, etc, but I was
under the impression it was supposed to do all that for you if you set
the job up according to the bmr restore to different hardware bit. We
also tried going to the original disks and it did succesfully restore
1456 bytes (one ethernet packet). The manual is at best convoluted and I
think the support guy is on vacation.

David Spearman
County of Henrico, Va.