Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] >>NBU 5.1 MP4 bptm performance tuning<<

2006-08-28 02:59:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] >>NBU 5.1 MP4 bptm performance tuning<<
From: dean.deano at gmail.com (Dean)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:59:42 +1000
Actually, I think it's 2 bptm's per stream - one reading, one writing.
So if  you're running 10 streams in parallel, you'll have 20 bptm processes.

Reducing the scheduler interval from 10 mins to 20 is worth trying out. I
think the time the scheduler takes to do it's stuff is more based on the
number of policies defined (high for you), rather than the number of backups
that are eligible to run. In other words, I don't think it will take much
longer to run if the interval is 20 mins rather than 10.

Cheers,
Dean