Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on SSO

2006-08-24 09:52:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on SSO
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:52:45 -0400
Its looking like we're going to buy a Library with 4 (expandable to 10)
drives and I'm wondering this.

If we have two media servers with 6.5TB DSSUs and 6 SSO Clients can they
all share 4 drives?  I know there is going to be scheduling involved,
but can the standard media servers allocate their own SSO shared drives
when they need to dump to tape and can those 4 drive be available to the
6 SSO Media Servers while the standard media servers DSSUs aren't
dumping images to tape?

Management has decided on a config and I'm just double checking to make
sure its going to work.  I'll post it here when we're 100% decided
because I'd feel better if some people who use SSO now bless my
endeavor. =)

Thanks all!

-Jonathan