Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 Scheduler Problems?

2006-08-23 07:55:25
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 Scheduler Problems?
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 06:55:25 -0500
Jason Brooks wrote:
> Did those updated binaries help with nbjm/pem crashing?  I'm
> still working on the case; had engineers switched yesterday.
> Suggestions on 'leverage' to get the binaries?

If the binaries are appropriate for your site, you'll get them.  If not, you
won't.  If you feel that you're not getting the support you're entitled to,
you can escalate the call.

You don't get binaries just because you ask for them.  Remember, this is
bleeding edge stuff that hasn't gone through a QA cycle and may not be
running at any other customer facility yet.  The support folks don't want to
create any more support issues than they have to and they could create more
problems for you than they solve if they give you bad bleeding-edge code.
I've already had to back out of one set of binaries (although they typically
get better and better for us).

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org