Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VTL images to tape

2006-08-22 15:13:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VTL images to tape
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:13:59 -0400
Negative, only in my wildest dreams do I think of us ponying up the cash
for enough storage to make DSUs a reality.  We looked at Diligent's
ProtectTier and 25:1 deduplication, but even that was too pricey.  I've
put together an ROI that should get me enough disk storage to hold a
week or perhaps 10 days worth of backups on disk, but after that it has
to be purged to tape and over-written.

Sigh... now we're looking at dumping the VTL and using a DSSU / SSO
Combination!!!

Someone shoot me.

-J