Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] import an expired media: invalid media pool. help!

2006-08-22 08:17:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] import an expired media: invalid media pool. help!
From: james.c.siano at lmco.com (Siano, James C)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:17:42 -0400
Hello.

I have a tape that I need to try to get files from; however, the media
date expired:

 The tape is loaded in my robotic.  The tape was moved to the scratch
pool by the automatic scheduling.

My first error message was invalid media pool.  I changed the media pool
from scratch to a general use pool.

My second error message was INF= found no images matching the selection
criteria that were ready for phase 2 import.

I attempt to do an import of the media but am spinning my wheels:  (NBU
5.0)  Action: import from CATALOG choice menu.

Master and media server are one in the same.

I know the approximate weekend the tape was used and I know what hosts
were on the tape.   I was working a restore from the tape but then

Business conditions halted the action. I did however write lock the
tape.

I have about 6 tapes that I need to do this for.  The images on the
tapes are all related to a SQL application backup.

I need some advice on if I'm doing this correctly.

Sincerely,

Jim