Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] drfile.exe application error on Windows client

2006-08-21 19:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] drfile.exe application error on Windows client
From: dean.deano at gmail.com (Dean)
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:42:56 +1000
Hello,

We have installed 5.1 MP3 client on serveral Windows 2003 Notes servers.
The master is 6.0 Solaris (with some MP), but I'm certain this is a client
issue.

On 2 of the clients, we now get the following appear in a dialog box every
time the host is booted.

"DRFile.exe - Application Error
The instruction at '0x77f8206b' referenced memory at '0x0010e531c'. The
memory could not be 'read'.
Click on OK to terminate the program."

It seems that this also stops the NBU client service from starting.

I know that DRFile.exe is trying to generate the hardware information file
used by IDR. But we don't want to use IDR at all.

If I run DRFile.exe manually on the hosts, I get the same error.

Does anyone have any idea why this thing would be crashing?
Alternatively, does anyone know a way to stop it running at every boot?

Thanks,
Dean