Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing up MQSeries

2006-08-11 11:38:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing up MQSeries
From: briandiven at northwesternmutual.com (briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 10:38:26 -0500
I am running NBU 5.1 MP5 on HP-UX servers and we backup MQSeries which
is on both AIX and HP-UX platforms.  We have had limited success doing
BCP recovery tests.  Some research identified an IBM Redbook
SG24-5222-00 which says the MQSeries Queue Managers need to be shut down
prior to being backed up.  This is not conducive to our environment
which requires the production queue mgrs to be up 24/7.  We do have
maintenance zones and could possibly get good backups every week or two,
but this also isn't acceptable.

Does anyone have any other ideas?  I have not seen a Symantec agent for
this to do hot backups.

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of
Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any
attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete
all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications received via
the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are secure. Communications that
are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center may not be
secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation.