Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Aptare vs. NB 6.0 NOM reporting

2006-08-11 07:31:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Aptare vs. NB 6.0 NOM reporting
From: ckstehman at pepco.com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 07:31:27 -0400
I have done some comparisions between NOM and Aptare.  From what I see
Aptare is superior for reporting.  The only think that NOM may offer is
the ability to start backups from the Netbackup policies.  I have not
personally tried this yet, so I don't know what the limitations are.
(But this can be done with the NBConsole as well)  From the research I
have seen, if reporting is your main concern, I would vote for Aptare.

We will be upgrading to 6.0 and NOM later this year, and I'll know more
then.  We have been using Aptare for 4 + years and find that
it is an excellent tool for SOX reporting.

=============================
Carl Stehman
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman at pepco.com

"Tristan Ball" <Tristan.Ball at vsl.com.au>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
08/10/2006 10:39 PM

"Hindle, Greg" <Greg.Hindle at constellation.com>, "NB List Mail"
<veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu>
cc

Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Aptare vs. NB 6.0 NOM reporting

I found NOM to be painfully buggy, and it?s reporting structure to be a
little inflexible. That said, it does store everything in a SQL database,
so with a little bit of work, you can get access to that and use any sql
reporting software you like.