Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how long does it take to convert catalog ASCII -> binary?

2006-08-10 11:56:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how long does it take to convert catalog ASCII -> binary?
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 10:56:39 -0500
* Vassileff, Glen <glen.vassileff at sun.com> [2006-08-10 11:20]:

> Hello All
>
> I am looking for real life experience with NetBackup catalog conversion
> ASCII -> binary (15GB) on SUN V490.
> How long will it approximately take? Any bad experiences / issues with
> such a conversion?

Generally, a single image isn't all that long, but there really is no
reason to do it.  As your older images die, they will be replaced by
binary ones moving forward, so it will take only as long as your longest
retention for NBU to completely convert to binary on its own.

I would guess no more than a couple hours for 15GB.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com