Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] SDLT 600 vs LTO3 ?!

2006-08-07 11:46:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] SDLT 600 vs LTO3 ?!
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:46:16 -0400
Does anyone have any guidance on this issue or interaction with both
types of drives?  We're looking into upgrading our aging quantum library
here and trying to put together a business case for one over the other.
I like the 800GB per tape and higher transfer speeds of LTO3, but being
an SDLT220 shop now, I'm keen on the SDLT 600 backwards compatibility.
I haven't priced tapes yet, but that could also be a determining factor.
Any real world horror stories or analysis anyone had done would be
appreciated.  From what I gather reading the list mostly everyone has
gone LTO / I don't think I've seen SDLT 600 mentioned once!?

-Jonathan