Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] image imports

2006-08-04 13:30:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] image imports
From: Bill_Jorgensen at csgsystems.com (Jorgensen, Bill)
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:30:52 -0600
Guys:

I am in the midst of trying to import images on a remote disk unit (Data
Domains). We have a separate NBU 6 server at the BCP site. The data was
backed up in our production environment. We used the bundled replication
software (within the arrays) to replicate the data to the BCP site. I am
trying to import the images from the production media server to the BCP
site media server. The first phase is successful. The second fails with
no images found.

bpimport -create_db_info -id <absolute_path_to_images>
bpimport -id <absolute_path_to_images> -s <july_date> -e <july_date>

I have tried it through the GUI too with no success on phase 2. My
question(s) is/are:

Am I going to have to import the catalog data from the production NBU
server to the BCP server to get this to work?
Am I missing something on the import of phase 2 that causes it to fail?
(Very vague I realize.)

Back to the documentation and thanks in advance,

Bill