Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] reservation conflict

2006-08-03 08:28:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] reservation conflict
From: krish.subramanian at tcs.com (krish.subramanian AT tcs DOT com)
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 17:58:23 +0530
Hi,

We have two servers solaris running version NB 5 and Linux running NB 6.
Both use the same tape library.  There is a problem of taking backups.

We are unable to run anybackups, the error being tape drives are not
available for backup.

Going thru the docs, found that there is a reservation for the drives.  I
am unable to release the hold on the drive, nor able to find who holds the
lock.   The status of the drives PEND-TLD.

I have tryed to release the reservation using vmoprcmd, however no luck.
Any suggestions on how to take this forward.  Any help greatly
appreciated.

Regards
Krishnan Subramanian
Tata Consultancy Services Limited