Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Upgrade - Vault Service will not start

2006-08-02 13:26:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 Upgrade - Vault Service will not start
From: Steve.Bally at radisys.com (Steve.Bally AT radisys DOT com)
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 10:26:05 -0700
All,

After I upgraded my test environment (5.1 MP5 - very stable :-)), in
preparation for the production upgrade, the vault service will not start;
it starts and then immediately stops, and causes the console to hang as
well.

The license key is installed, services and the server have been restarted,
but it still has the same results.

This is a Windows 2003 Master/ Media server, the hardware can be seen,
from the OS perspective all looks good. The event log has the following
entries, but not sure where to go with it.

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( NetBackup Vault Manager )
cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information
is part of the event: Service has been stopped.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Steve Bally
Systems Engineer
RadiSys Corporation
 <http://www.radisys.com> www.radisys.com
 <mailto:steve.bally at radisys.com> steve.bally at radisys.com
Desk: 503-615-1207
Cell: 503-970-6201

This electronic message (Email) contains information which may be
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be used solely by the named recipient(s). If
you are not a named recipient, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission (Email) in error, please notify me
immediately.