Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help importing expired backups

2006-08-01 10:54:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help importing expired backups
From: steve.giessler at mail.wvu.edu (Steve Giessler)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 10:54:22 -0400
Greetings,

I have Veritas Netbackup 3.4.1 running on a Win 2K box. It has a robot
unit connected directly to it - works fine, but I need to restore some
files from an expired full backup and am having difficulty. I started by
importing all of the expired tapes with the Phase 1 import as follows:

bpimport - create_db_info -id A0000x

I then looked at the dates and found the tape that contained the first
part of the image I needed to restore the full backup. I then tried the
Phase 2 import as follows:

bpimport -id A00011 -backupid host.name.image_1149400138
It begins the Phase 2 import and after a long time of reading the tape,
it gives the error:

Unexpected EOF reading image, the image information is not complete.

And then something about the import being "partially successful."

What should I do now?

I also tried importing from the Administration GUI - import window - it
gives no errors, but when I go to browse my files to see what I can
restore - none of the files appear for the date of the full backup that
I thought I just imported.

I then tried to go to a previous date's full backup (week before) and I
have the same results (different tape).

Any suggestions?

--

Steve Giessler, Unix System Administrator
West Virginia University