Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Policy Time Grapher

2006-08-01 10:34:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Policy Time Grapher
From: Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com (Sponsler, Michael)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 10:34:23 -0400
It depends, are you using NBAC and VxSS or not?
If you are you'll have to create trust relationships, and screw with the
hell that is NBAC and VxSS.
If your not, all you have to do is add the NOM server to the trusted
server list on each master to enable NOM to collect data from the
server.

I'm running NOM on my master server, and after realizing that I didn't
*need* to configure NBAC and VxSS on the master, it was much easier to
configure and setup NOM.  I don't think the NOM documentation is very
clear and concise.

You said tht it was acting funny, what OS are you running it on?  I'm
running my on a Solaris 10, SunFire v240.  And it seems that Netbackup 6
& NOM has some issues with certain versions of libc.so.1

If your running Solaris 10 do:
/usr/ccs/bin/what /lib/libc.so.1
Mine says: SunOS 5.10 Generic 118833-18 Jun 2006

I had an older version than that before, and was getting libc thread
failures when I was trying to get NOM to start.

--
Mike Sponsler
Northrop Grumman
Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com