Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storagetek L500 Library

2006-07-23 15:06:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storagetek L500 Library
From: mark.a.goodchild at jpmchase.com (mark.a.goodchild AT jpmchase DOT com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:06:31 +0100
Hi All

Thanks for your replies to this issue.
It turned out to be 2 faulty scsi cables both with the same fault so when
we changed them we got the same error.

I can now see the library and  both drives over scsi.

I have had 5 tapes put in, 3 directly in the library and 2 in the cap
door.
When I run an inventory with update it says its upto date
When I run an inventory with update and empty the cap I get a 2295 error
auto empty media access port request rejected by tldcd, Robot hardware or
communication error

If I use robtest and show all slots no they are all empty.
Any ideas ?

Does anyone know whether this library has specific windows 2003 drivers? I
cant find any.

Regards
Mark Goodchild
__________________

Hi all

Is anyone out there using storagetek l500 library with windows 2000 or
2003 and netbackup 5.1 mp4.
The issue I am facing is the changer does not appear in windows device
manager but the 2 hp lto2 drives do.

Regards
Mark Goodchild

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Although this transmission and
any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defect that might affect any computer system into which it is
received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to
ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by
JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as
applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use.
If you received this transmission in error, please immediately
contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,