Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Troubleshooting Guide Question

2006-07-20 09:28:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Troubleshooting Guide Question
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 09:28:31 -0400
I've been running down all the onesy and twosey issues with backups
today.  This line in the Troubleshooting guide gives me a fit, however.
It states:

For detailed troubleshooting information, create a debug log directory
for the process that returned this status code, retry the operation, and
check the resulting debug log.

Here's what I'm dealing with now:

7/19/2006       11:11:11 PM     media   client  Error   35692   Backup
socket read failed, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the
remote host.  (10054)

The end result is a status 13.  How do I determine the process that
returned this?  Dig further through the logs?  Or is there a cleaner
way?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks