Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Fibre Channel Library & Drives Not Showing Up in sgscan

2006-07-18 18:03:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Fibre Channel Library & Drives Not Showing Up in sgscan
From: dkatauskas at nst-inc.com (Katauskas, Daryl)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:03:05 -0500
Sirs:

We recently added a StorageTek SL500 library with HP LTO3 (Fibre) tape drives
on our Solaris 9 NetBackup (v6.0 MP2) Media server. (Also using a Sun branded
QLOGIC 2342 HBA running under Sun SAN Foundation v4.4.10 drivers & packages).

Drives & library are recognized by the O/S (Brocade 4100 switch zoning was done
and a reconfiguration boot of the Media Server was performed.)

We also ran the procedure for adding new devices under the SG driver control as
documented in the NetBAckup Media Manager Device Configuration Manual (page 8).

After completing the documented procedure and performing the necessary
reconfiguration reboots, we again ran the sgscan command and did not see the
new SL 500 Robot or LTO3 drives as being under SG driver control. (They were
not listed at all).

We did recieve the following message:

WARNING: detected StorEdge Network Foundation connected devices not in
#         SG configuration file:
#
#    Device World Wide Port Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#    Device World Wide Port Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#    Device World Wide Port Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#    Device World Wide Port Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
#    Device World Wide Port Name XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Media Manager Device Configuration Guide refererences a "Special Procedure"
for adding Sun StorEdge Network Foundation HBA with the Veritas sg driver. What
this "Special Procedure" is and what steps need to be taken to successfully add
the Sun StorEdge Network Foundation HBA devices doesn't seem to be documented
anywhere.

I would appreciate any assistance in locating and applying the correct
procedure to bring these devices under the SG driver control.

Thanks in Advance,

Daryl Katauskas