Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 Upgrade Checklist

2006-07-13 08:02:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 Upgrade Checklist
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:02:44 +0100
~Ed
Well that's not strictly correct - what you could do is perform a
"migration" to 6.0 rather than an upgrade :-)

1) Implement new NBU Server
2) upgrade old NBU Clients to latest version and ensure they can communicate
with your new Master
3) Configure with your existing hardware tape robotic library
4) Attempt backups.

I was fortunate enough to migrate 3.4 to 5.1 as the 3.4 master used a very
old robot and 5.1 used LTO HP ESL Library.

Its another option - Upgrade may be a problem, especially if there are
issues with the DB (I think I may have mentioned this!)

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support
Windows Domain Administrator