Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] encryption

2006-07-11 05:45:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] encryption
From: chris at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 10:45:58 +0100
Another option available "later this year" will be LTO-4 tape drives
which will have the option to encrypt data in the tape drive. Of
course, it will only help if you can upgrade your hardware to LTO-4,
and can feed the tapes fast enough (probably around 50MB/sec to keep
them happy).

Also, it doesn't encrypt the data until it gets onto the drive -
maybe an issue for some.

oh well.

--
---

REMEMBER - the safety of your data is your responsibility
If it's important to you - ** MAKE A COPY ** or 2 or 3 or 4 or ........

There is only one certainty about storage systems - they *will* fail !

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience

Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7472 reception
Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7496 direct
Fax  +44 (0)20 7813 1420

Home Page:  http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk