Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] CLI or GUI

2006-06-30 13:31:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] CLI or GUI
From: Mark.Donaldson at cexp.com (Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 11:31:21 -0600
I make all sorts of jokes about the evils of the GUI but I do use it for
two things consistently.

1. Building new policies - it's just so much easier than the cmd line.
2. The activity monitor - the cmd-line version is static views only.

After that, I find the command-line to be much more precise.  Restores
aren't this click-wait-click-wait stuff, it's just a one-liner & off it
goes.  Device monitoring is clunky (at least in 5.x & down - I haven't
installed 6.0 yet).

Yup - love that command line.