Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Install Tests

2006-06-29 19:42:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Install Tests
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 18:42:01 -0500
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:19:48PM -0700, Kevin Enslow wrote:
> Is there a way to force a problem during a backup? I know I could just
> change the check to mail on condition 0 but I would just like to make
> sure the check is valid before dumping this server into production.

1.  Start a job and then kill it.  You'll generate an error 150.
2.  Start a job and then suspend it.  You'll generate an error 157.

You can also call the script directly and pass in the arguments that it
lists.  Nothing says that it has to be NetBackup that calls it.

Cheers,
        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA