Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Is it possible to use bpgp to get bp.ini file from novell netware?

2006-06-28 15:39:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Is it possible to use bpgp to get bp.ini file from novell netware?
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:39:20 -0400
environment
NetBackup 5.1 MP4 on Solaris 9 master server / Novell Netware clients using
targets method

question
is it possible to use bpgp to get the bp.ini file from a Novell Netware client
onto a UNIX master server. And then edit it and place it back onto the Novell
Netware client? I don't want to "just try it" because I am afraid of causing an
abend.

from RTFM
The BP.INI file, which is shared by both Target and NonTarget, is the
configuration file used by the NetWare Client software to control back up and
restore operations on your computer. It is created in the SYS:\VERITAS\NBUCLT
directory the first time you run the NetBackup interface program?s NetBackup
Configuration. You can set many BP.INI parameters through commands available on
the Target?s NetBackup Configuration menu (see ?Modifying BP.INI Through the
Target?s NetBackup Configuration Menu? on page 31). Others can be changed only
by modifying the file directly with a text editor, such as Notepad.

The bp.ini file does show up in the restore GUI under this path
/FS/SYS/VERITAS/NBUCLT/NetBack/BP.INI

I am thinking of using the following syntax on my master server
# bpgp from novellclient "/FS/SYS/VERITAS/NBUCLT/NetBack/BP.INI" /tmp/bp.ini
# vi /tmp/bp.ini
# bpgp to novellclient /tmp/bp.ini "/FS/SYS/VERITAS/NBUCLT/NetBack/BP.INI"