Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup client 5.1 work with Redhat AS 4.3?

2006-06-28 10:43:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup client 5.1 work with Redhat AS 4.3?
From: mccux1 at hotmail.com (bbb bb)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:43:49 +0000
I tried to install Netbackup client version 5.1 on Redhat AS 4.3 (kernel
version 2.6.9-34.0.1.ELsmp).  I found installtion verion show support kernel
version 2.4.

Does Netbackup version 5.1 support kernel version 2.6 or not?

VERITAS Installation Script
Copyright 1993 - 2004 VERITAS Software Corporation, All Rights Reserved.

        Installation Options

        1 NetBackup
        2 NetBackup Client Software

        q To quit from this script
Choose an option [default: q]: 2
Do you want to install the NetBackup client software for this client? [y,n]
(y)

        OS Level Options
        1. IBMzSeriesLinux2.4
        2. RedHat2.4

        If your Operating System is a newer level than those listed,
        choose the highest level.

        Enter Choice [1 - 2]

Thanks.