Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6, Windows, excluding files

2006-06-21 02:22:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6, Windows, excluding files
From: Tim.Wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au (Wilkinson, Tim)
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:22:01 +1000
We are backing up some databases (SQL and SharePoint) and using agents
to backup the actual dbs and also backing up the entire systems using
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES.
The A_L_D backup jobs meet a few open db files and can't back them up
(which is expected) and I'm wondering whether I can exclude the
directories where the dbs are stored from the policy (which is backing
up A_L_D) and not affect the agent backups.
My guess this is as simply achieved by specifying which policy to
exclude from but just want to confirm that this won't affect the agent
(db) backups.

What files/folders (on Windows) do people often exclude?

Cheers,

        Tim Wilkinson
        I.T. Support Officer
        Science Corporate Information Systems
        Defence Science & Technology Organisation
        Department of Defence

        Tel: (02) 96921484
        Fax: (02) 96921562
        Email: tim.wilkinson at dsto.defence.gov.au