Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup work on a DHCP network

2006-06-12 16:51:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Can Netbackup work on a DHCP network
From: rhaig at renewdata.com (Rob Haig)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:51:56 -0500
It's not as bad as it sounds.  You just have to make sure that the DHCP
server modifies DNS records (forward and reverse) for each client as it
hands out DHCP leases.

You should have your servers acquire static leases (where the given MAC
always gets the same IP addr) so they are always in the same place.  But
the clients can move around as long as the DNS server gets updated so
you can do forward AND reverse lookups.