Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Planning / DR process

2006-06-12 05:16:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Planning / DR process
From: chris at fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk (Chris Freemantle)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 10:16:13 +0100
Not backup oriented at all, let alone Netbackup, so I'll be brief -
what about virtual machines? Not appropriate for machines that do
heavy data processing probably, but otherwise very useful, especially
for consolidating more lightly used machines onto one or a few bits
of hardware, potentially with automatic failover as well.

--
---

REMEMBER - the safety of your data is your responsibility
If it's important to you - ** MAKE A COPY ** or 2 or 3 or 4 or ........

There is only one certainty about storage systems - they *will* fail !

Chris Freemantle
Data Manager
Wellcome Department of Imaging Neuroscience

Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7472 reception
Tel. +44 (0)20 7833 7496 direct
Fax  +44 (0)20 7813 1420

Home Page:  http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk