Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to only stop new disk to tape jobs from starting

2006-06-08 12:24:37
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to only stop new disk to tape jobs from starting
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:24:37 -0500
On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:13:55AM -0400, Hillman, Eric wrote:
> We use disk staging in NBU 5.0 MP5.  Our backups to disk were greatly
> delayed last night and are now contending with the disk to tape jobs.
> We've manually killed all duplication jobs, but new ones keep starting
> based on the schedule we set.  Does anyone know of a way besides
> stopping bprd to stop only the Duplication jobs from starting?  Thanks!

You should be able to kill the schedules - is that an option for you?
Go to the Storage Unit configuration and empty out the schedule.

With NBU 6, we discovered that the destaging jobs now have a priority to
them - that would allow you in the future to set them at a lower
priority than your other jobs.  That doesn't help you right now
though...

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA