Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Help upgrading a 5.1MP4 media server to 6.0 while rebuilding the O/S.

2006-06-08 10:41:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Help upgrading a 5.1MP4 media server to 6.0 while rebuilding the O/S.
From: jpiszcz.backup at gmail.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 10:41:39 -0400
Normally, to upgrade to 5.1 -> 6.0, you would run the upgrade script.

However, I need to reformat and install a newer OS on the machine
while upgrading to 6.0.

Typically when you re-install the the OS, you would just re-install
5.1 and then copy back the mediaDB file*, I suppose I could do that as
well and then upgrade to 6.0, but is there an easier  or more
effective way of doing this?

* the mediaDB file is what tapes each individual media server knows about

Thanks,

Justin.